New Leaf's Home Health Division is proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission
Here at New Leaf we offer a wide range of home health services to assist the people of our community. Keep reading for more information!
Skilled Nursing Services:
- Patient education and teaching. - Patients with a new diagnosis often find it hard to concentrate on the instructions and parameters being relayed to them in the doctor's office. We provide a skilled nurse to go to the home to answer questions, provide education about the disease process, review ways to control disease symptoms, monitor for medication reactions and compliance, monitor vital signs, and teach self-injection techniques.
- Monthly catheter and suprapubic catheter changes. - Doing catheter changes in the home provides the patient the ability to feel secure in their environment and afford them privacy while maintaining their dignity. The nurse is able to assess for signs and symptoms of infection, monitor output, and report any significant findings to the physician.
- Post operative care monitoring and teaching. - Coming home from a hospital stay is always stressful, there are so many instructions to remember all while feeling not quite 100%. Skilled nursing offers the peace of mind for both physician and patient that these instructions will be reinforced in a more relaxing and comfortable environment. The nurse can monitor for post-surgical complications, teach the patient what signs and symptoms to look for and report, provide teaching on wound care, and monitor for medication reactions.
- Medication Management. - Some patients find it hard to manage the multiple medications they need to take on a daily basis. Our skilled nurses can go to the home and fill weekly pill boxes, check for medication compliance, monitor for medication efficacy, and answer questions the patient may have regarding their medications.
Nutrition and Dietary Services
- Our licensed dietician will come to the home, review current eating habits, and work with the patient to develop a personalized nutrition plan that fits the patient's needs in relation to the disease process.
Physical and Occupational Therapy Services
- For those patients who can't leave their home for therapy services and need assistance with performing their own activities of daily living, our therapists can help. They will work with the physician and the patient to set up a therapy plan specific to the needs of the patient and monitor progress continuously.
Home Health Aides
- Our home health aides are up for any task. They perform personal care services such as assistance with bathing, dressing, ambulation, meal preparation, assisting with physical therapy exercises, and providing medication reminders. They also perform light housekeeping duties such as laundry, changing bedding, cleaning kitchen and bathroom, vacuuming and dusting, and taking out the trash. These are all duties we take for granted, but are increasingly difficult as we get older.
What does it take to qualify for services?
- Skilled nursing services must be intermittent and short term.
- The patient must be home bound.
- We must have a physician's order for services.
- For other programs and guidelines for services please contact the Area Agency on Aging at (330) 505-2300 or click here https://www.aaa11.org